NSU announces 2018 Centurions
(Tahlequah, Oklahoma) - Northeastern State University has selected the nine individuals to be named as 2018 Centurions.
A Northeastern State University Centurion is an individual whose leadership and commitment, in the course of helping others, has made a significant impact during the university’s history. The honors are given to NSU alumni, faculty, staff, students or any member of the NSU community—whether past or present—who impacted the life of the nominator, the Northeastern community or the public at large. A Centurion can be living or deceased and should embody the legacy and spirit of NSU.
Since selecting 100 individuals as inaugural recipients of the Centurion Award during its Centennial Celebration in 2009, NSU has added up to 10 names to the Centurion list each year.
Nominations have been received and reviewed, and nine new individuals will be honored as 2018 NSU Centurions.
The 2018 NSU Centurions include:
- Dr. Renee Cambiano, 1989 alumna and NSU faculty member
- Dr. Lynn Cyert, NSU faculty member
- Barbara Fuller, NSU faculty member
- Chuck Hoskin, 1982 and 1998 alumnus
- Dr. John Lowe, NSU faculty member (deceased)
- Todd Mutzig, 1991 alumnus
- Dr. Lanny Joe, NSU faculty member and Barbara Reed, 1967 and 1983 alumna
- Dr. John Yeutter, NSU faculty member
- Judy Ziehr, community supporter
In celebration of NSU’s Founders Day 2018, these new members will be added to the roll of NSU Centurions and will be honored during a special luncheon on March 6 at 11:30 a.m. in the Tahlequah Event Center portion of NSU’s Event Center.
To register to attend the 2018 Centurion Honoree Luncheon, or for more information visit www.nsualumni.com/centurions or contact Jennifer Nichols in the NSU president's office at 918-444-2000.
Published: 2/12/2018 2:24:26 PM